To read about the New Moon, click here.
Our ancestors have long recognised the magic of the full moon and conducted rituals around this time to honour the different phases of the moon and hence life on earth.
The moon regulates the tides through its magnetism and if we learn to tap into the rhythm of the moon we can ebb & flow with it (like the tides) capitalising on the energy it brings. Aligning with the moon cycles energises our Divine Feminine energy within!
What is the full moon?
A full moon is the lunar phase that occurs when the Moon is completely illuminated. This occurs when the moon is in opposition to the Sun. It is believed that the full moon has influence over a three day period, the day before, day of and day after the actual full moon.
How does the full moon affect us?
Here are some of the ways you might feel around the full moon:
- Super charged or an energetic buzz
- A sense of balance with the solar yang in balance with the lunar yin
- Need to act and put tangible things in place
- Need to be social and outgoing
- Increased vitality
What can we do to harness the energy of the full moon?
- It is a time to enact intentions set during the new moon, take one action/ step towards the intention previously set
- It provides increased light so we can see our true reality and remove anything that no longer serves us, ask yourself what is really going on with a situation or relationship you are unhappy with and focus on your role/ part to play in it
- Join the SoultoSoul Full Moon Meditation & Healing Circle to deeply connect with the energies of the full moon
What rituals can we undertake to harness the energy of the full moon?
- Place crystals outside under the moonlight to be recharged
- Conduct a ceremony to purify your being, such as writing thoughts & patterns that no longer serve you onto a piece of paper and burning it, resolving to let it go as it burns
- Conduct a moon braid meditation – braid a piece of white, black & silver (representing the 3 phases of the moon) ribbon/ cord or similar together. As you do think contemplate focus on the shifting phases of the moon and the different cycles that our bodies, our lives, and our spirituality go through. (Source http://paganwiccan.about.com)
If you have any other ideas for rituals we would love to include them. Please email email@example.com
Full Moon 2017 Dates
Below are all the full moon dates for 2017. Each full moon has a corresponding Zodiac Sign, which affects its energy. To find out how each of the full moons will affect you click on the Zodiac Sign.
The times and dates are for Sydney, Australia. For a time zone converter, click here.
|Date||Time||Zodic Sign||Key Words|
|Jan 12th||10:33 pm||Cancer||Emotional, Nurturing & Insecure|
|Feb 11th||11:32 am||Leo||Enthusiastic, Generous & Egotistic|
|March 13th||01:53 am||Virgo||Intelligent, Wise & Worrier|
|April 11th||04:08 pm||Libra||Charming, Fair & Indecisive|
|May 11th||07:42 am||Scorpio||Resourceful, Sexy & Irritable|
|June 9th||11:09 pm||Sagittarius||Friendly, Far-sighted & Restless|
|July 9th||02:06 pm||Capricorn||Cautious, Responsible & Ambitious|
|August 8th||04:10 am||Aquarius||Original, Humanitarian & Eccentric|
|September 6th||05:02 pm||Pisces||Creative, Empathetic & Moody|
|October 6th||05:40 am||Aries||Enthusiastic, Courageous & Impatient|
|November 4th||04:22 pm||Taurus||Cautious, Charming & Stubborn|
|December 4th||02:46 am||Gemini||Flexible, Witty & Superficial|
Whilst the wisdom above is important, what is most beneficial is to make your own connection with the Moon. The Moon contains powerful frequencies that will support you on your journey, provide healing and perhaps even activate new gifts and talents!
Rebecca has been guided to record a FREE meditation to help you commune with the Moon.
The music for the meditation has been used with permission from Michael Wild, an Australian musician who provides amazing high frequency music. I have been using it for years for my own meditations, plus in healings & classes. It really raises the vibration of the environment and helps you journey beyond the mind!
We have created this FREE resource to support you through out the year! Simply right click and save the image, you can use it as a poster at home or wherever you want!
This information has been sourced from astrostyle.com, veastrology.com and the Moon Magic book by Lori Reid.