To read about the Full Moon, click here.
Our ancestors have long recognised the magic of the new moon and conducted rituals around this time to honour the different phases of the moon and hence life on earth.
The moon regulates the tides through its magnetism and if we learn to tap into the rhythm of the moon we can ebb & flow with it (like the tides) capitalising on the energy it brings. Aligning with the moon cycles energises our Divine Feminine energy within!
What is the new moon?
A new moon is the first phase of the Moon, when it orbits closest to the Sun in the sky. This occurs when the Moon and the Sun have the same ecliptical longitude. It is believed that the new moon has influence over a three day period, the day before, day of and day after the actual new moon.
How does the new moon affect us?
Here are some of the ways you might feel around the new moon:
- Run down or needing increased sleep
- Sense of beginnings and rebirth
- Need for rest and rejuvenation
- Need for solitude and contemplation
What can we do to harness the energy of the new moon?
- It is a time when you minimise action and simply get in touch with your spiritual and emotional inner self
- Meditate regularly or simply breath deeply and focus on your inner world, ask yourself what your soul desires at this time
- Set clear intentions to enact on the next full moon
- Attend a SoultoSoul Red Tent Women’s Circle to feel supported and nurtured during the energies of the new moon
What rituals can we undertake to harness the energy of the new moon?
- Gather photos or meaningful objects and place them with your intentions in a prominent place or an alter
- Conduct a ceremony to manifest your desires and dreams, such as writing what you want to bring into your life onto a piece of paper and placing it into a cleansed/ sacred bowl of water, resolving to manifest these desires
- Say a pagan prayer around the time of the new moon – “Today is a new day, and a new month begins. As the tides flow, and the moon rises above, we are thankful that She has returned. She watches over us, ever constant, yet always changing, and we are thankful for her light” (Source http://paganwiccan.about.com)
- Plant a new plant
- Try something new, embrace the energy of rebirth
If you have any other ideas for rituals we would love to include them. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Moon 2017 Dates
Below are all the new moon dates for 2017. Each new moon has a corresponding Zodiac Sign, which affects its energy. To find out how each of the new moons will affect you click on the Zodiac Sign.
The times and dates are for Sydney, Australia. For a time zone converter, click here.
|Date||Time||Zodiac Sign||Key Words|
|Jan 28th||11:07 am||Aquarius||Original, Humanitarian & Eccentric|
|Feb 27th||01:58 am||Pisces||Creative, Empathetic & Moody|
|Mar 28th||01:57 pm||Aries||Enthusiastic, Courageous & Impatient|
|Apr 26th||10:16 pm||Taurus||Cautious, Charming & Stubborn|
|May 26th||05:44 am||Gemini||Flexible, Witty & Superficial|
|Jun 24th||12:30 pm||Cancer||Emotional, Nurturing & Insecure|
|Jul 23rd||07:45 pm||Leo||Enthusiastic, Generous & Egotistic|
|Aug 22nd||04:30 am||Leo||Enthusiastic, Generous & Egotistic|
|Sep 20th||03:29 pm||Virgo||Intelligent, Wise & Worrier|
|Oct 20th||06:12 am||Libra||Charming, Fair & Indecisive|
|Nov 18th||10:42 pm||Scorpio||Resourceful, Sexy & Irritable|
|Dec 18th||05:30 pm||Sagittarius||Friendly, Far-sighted & Restless|
Whilst the wisdom above is important, what is most beneficial is to make your own connection with the Moon. The Moon contains powerful frequencies that will support you on your journey, provide healing and perhaps even activate new gifts and talents!
Rebecca has been guided to record a FREE meditation to help you commune with the Moon.
The music for the meditation has been used with permission from Michael Wild, an Australian musician who provides amazing high frequency music. I have been using it for years for my own meditations, plus in healings & classes. It really raises the vibration of the environment and helps you journey beyond the mind!
We have created this FREE resource to support you through out the year! Simply right click and save the image, you can use it as a poster at home or wherever you want!
This information has been sourced from astrostyle.com & veastrology.com